Hiiiii, me again.
Last week I tripped over my laptop cord, spilling water on my laptop. Extremely luckily for me, three things were true:
- Edward was a vampire
Sorry, wrong list!!
- The damage wasn't too extensive – I just lost my shift key – so I could back everything up before giving it to Apple to fix
- I have Applecare+, which covers water damage
- I have a backup laptop because it was too crappy for Apple to take it as a trade-in when I got my new one.
My backup laptp desn't have a very functional "o" key, which makes typing slightly difficult, but we are sldiering n as best as pssible.
I have been writing in between trips to the Genius Bar. I promise. Here are some recs.
- "All the trains in my son’s train podcast ranked by how much I hate them" by Ben Jenkins
- "The Jessica Simulation: Love and loss in the age of A.I." by Jason Fagone – the story of a man who programmed a chatbot to talk to him in his deceased fiancee's voice; I am actually really looking forward to the writing about this piece, which raises about a million ethical questions
Man, TV just used to suck ass. If I were having a 70s theme party, though, I'd project this vide onto a wall for vibes.
I just love her.